Saturday, December 17, 2005

I'm not an Apostolic?!?!?

Please do note the question marks. I am not saying that I'm not an Apostolic, I'm arguing a point that a few of my "friends" made about me not being a true christian. Like my dad and his "holiday tree" debate on his blog, I have been facing my own yuletide argument on the use of xmas as an abbreviation. I am a very lazy person (no amens please). I am so lazy that i like to save a few letters and write xmas rather than christmas, especially in speed typing. Apparently, a few of my friends think that this means that i am less of a christian and removing the reason for the season by writing xmas. I think this is (to quote my father) hogwash. This is what one of these people had to say.

"i agree with you about x mas true apostolic wouldnt put x mas or listen to worldly music and stuff we should be standing up with one another to stop x mas from over taking the word christ in christmas because if you call yourself an apostolic you wouldnt be putting x mas youd be putting christmas to let your light shine someone that puts that needs a little trip to the altar is what i think."

first of all, i don't see what worldly music has to do with anything except for (and maybe I'm just being paranoid) it might be because this whole debate on Bebo began because I asked one of my friends what they wanted to xmas, causing another friend to see this and tell me that i was being unchristian, and when i protested the whole debate began. on my profile i have my favorite bands and some of them are pop or soft rock (clean though!), but i'm getting off track. second, i really don't believe that writing xmas is going to taint ur witness any at all.

thanks for letting me rant. what to you all think? leave me some comments please.

1 comment:

The Muffin said...

thank u liz. that helps!