Monday, April 30, 2007
- Finish my delicous pancake-sausage breakfast corn dog. (The person who invented that is a genius)
- Fix my hair and brush my teeth.
- Pack my lunch.
- Go to school.
- Stay after school to set up for installation.
- Go home and do homework and get ready to go to installation.
- Go to installation (I get to smack a gavel at this thing!)
- Go home.
Sunday, April 29, 2007
However, tonight was semi-good. We did our Hop team thing. Which according to people, went well. I blacked out from the beginning of my solo in the first song, to the beginning note of the second song. I was in full "spirit-mode". I would love to know what happened though. There's something unsettling about losing 2-3 minutes.
Speaking of which, I had a friend do that this week. Rachel got tripped and slid down the stairs at school, going head first into a wall at school, which knocked her out. I went to visit after school and she was moderately drugged, but still insisted on studying. The conversation went something like this-
Me- How many species of bryophytes are there?
R- A Lot.
Me- Are you going to put that on your test?
Me-How many species of ferns are there?
R-Heck of a lot?
Me- You're putting that on your test?
Saturday, April 28, 2007
Yesterday at lunch I was sitting at the table with Emily and Liz (not ness) and I'm whining about this guy at school who likes me. (This guy in my gym and biology likes me and he writes my name all over his folders and stuff. Ew. More on this at a later time by request only.) And Emily, the anti-dater, asks me-
"Well, Rebecca, you're single and looking. Why not jump on the oppurtunity?"
"Emily, I don't like him. Why should I go out with him?"
"Oh, I dunno. You just haven't had a boyfriend in almost two years and I'm afraid you're going to start being desperate, that's all."
I sat there for a moment, having already had a miserable day, and now my friend was telling me about this other guy that she could set me up with if I didn't like the guy who likes me.
And now for something completely different....
This is going to be boring.
Friday, April 27, 2007
Thursday, April 26, 2007
Thirteen Songs That Confuse Me
- Blue- By Eiffel 65: Does anyone actually know the lyrics to the chorus? I think they are pretty much open to interpretation.
- She's Always a Woman- By Billy Joel- So, this woman stepped on his heart and he's blaming it on himself? Or did I miss something?
- I'll Be- By Edwin McCain- What exactly is "love suicide"?
- Jesus, Take The Wheel- By Carrie Underwood- "She didn't even have time to cry" and then she spews out 5 eloquently rhymed and metered lines.
- I Am A Friend Of God- By Israel and The New Breed- Well, duh. If you are a friend of God, he's gonna tend to call you friend.
- Killer Queen- By Queen- Don't get me wrong. I love this song. It's my ringtone. But why are the writing a song about a woman with dynamite and laser beams? You would think this would make her angry.
- I Am The Walrus- By The Beatles- It's too wierd to even describe. Click Here.
- Invisible- By Clay Aiken- Anyone who has heard this song just knows it's creepish. No explanation needed.
- I Hate You, Then I Love You- By Celine Dion- Two very strong words. Used together. This is what we call a non-commital relationship.
- Yellow Submarine- By The Beatles- Much like number 6, anyone who has heard the song doesn't understand it. Most likely.
- Someday My Prince Will Come- By Snow White- Psh. Liar.
- Baby It's Cold Outside- By Frank Loesser- No duh. It's winter.
- You're So Vain- By Carly Simon- "You're so vain, you probably think this song is about you, don't you, don't you?" Ummmmmmmm....isn't it?
Tuesday, April 24, 2007
Monday, April 23, 2007
Sunday, April 22, 2007
1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think. Yes, five.
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.
3. Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote. This is optional, but hey, why not toot your own horn??
So, I nominate (in no particular order):
1. Kim C. at Life in a Shoe. She more than likely does not read my blog, but she is one of the most insightful bloggers that I have ever read.
2. The Lizness at The Lizness....Live!. I less than three her. And she's just brilliant. Nuff said.
3. Bro. Holley at Holley Life and Times. I started reading his blog after he found my blog somehow, most likely through my dad's or Sis. Jewel's. I'm really not sure. Anyway, his blog, which he shares with his wife is awesome. Not super deep usually (which is good because things tend to go over my head) but often insightful.
4. The Thinker at Theory of Thought. A little older than me, but, well, just read her blog. Let's just say that my page views will go way down. Her blog rocks my socks.
5. Angeline at Raining Noodles. (Warning: I accept no responsibility for the occasionally frequent language on her blog.) Her blog is very interesting and overactive. I realllllllly have to think on this blog.
My dad and I went to see All Shook Up this weekend. I less than three it. The score is all Elvis music and it just rocks.
Here's the closing scene, just because I like that scene best and love the song.
P.S. The one we saw was much better.
Wednesday, April 18, 2007
Tuesday, April 17, 2007
I've had a fairly good day today. This is a rare thing. We finished LOF in English, and I hated the ending. I also hated that Piggy got his brains mashed out on a rock. Not good times. Also, my parents told me there was cannibalism in the book, which there was none. This is a good thing.
I got extra credit in World Studies today. It was quite awesome. I had to research who Carolina and Georgia were named after. I was the only one in my class who did it. I was proud. My friend,Liz, was not. "Why do you have to be such a show-off in Gottke's class?"
"Because I need to kiss up so that I can get into KAP History."
"Well, you're making everyone else look bad!"
Checked my marigolds that I'm growing in Bio. Nothing yet. The kid at my table with radishes already has radishes growing. He planted them 3 days ago. Frustrating? I think yes.
We had a study hall in Spanish.
Lunch was nothing to talk about.
And here I am in computer apps, with absolutely nothing of substance to blog about.
Isn't that great?
Monday, April 16, 2007
Sunday, April 15, 2007
Ever since I was little, college people always seemed so cool. I watched Extremely Goofy Movie where Goofy and his son, Max, go to college. It looked so fun. Max didn't have his first class till noon, and people goofed off. Highly appealing.
Now, next year, I have to take ACT and SAT. Ick. This freaks me out. A lot. I will be an upperclass(wo)man next year. A junior. Wow. That's just terrifying to me. In two years I have to leave home and go to a school, where my success or failure will impact whether or not I become a bum on a street corner or forever asking "Would you like fries with that?".
I am looking at two colleges at the moment, which is probably getting a little ahead because even for early admission I have to wait for next year. I'm looking at UA and Capital. I think that Capital's Theatre Arts program looks better, but I am loving the price tag of UA. $7,000 tuition. I'm loving that.
Plus, I have to find out what else I am going to take with Theatre Arts. I thought about Education, Journalism, Pop Culture, Acting(HA!). I dunno.
Plus, then there's housing. I looked at the "Students Say" section of the two schools on SparkNotes. Capital students say that their dorms are pretty nasty and Akron is more "eh. Whatever." Same with the layout of campus.
Shall we move on to professors and classes? Capital people say that the professors are overly invasive and Akron says that they're kinda "eh. whatever." Classes are apparently good at both.
So, as you can see, I'm stressing. Not good times.
Saturday, April 14, 2007
I went to ladies prayer with my grandma, and then from there got on the van to go to Hilliard. I got to navigate, against probably some people's best interests. But all in all, other than a few detours and wrong turns, we got to the YMCA all right.
I sat being bored for about 1 or 2 hours, thinking, "Man, I really just wasted $15." I was on the phone for a while and then my friend, Cassie, found me and introduced me to her boyfriend and her other friends. We bonded over how bored we were and talked until about 4 AM. By this point we were slap happy.
Slap happy people are kinda like drunks. You have your funny, angry, or pass out. I'm a funny slaphapper. The most obscure things make me break out into laughter. For example, last night, Brad said, "I think it's about 3:40," referring to the time, and I fell out of my chair laughing. No idea what was so funny. So then I found the rest of my youth group, and joined with Kelli, who was also slap happy, and we were laughing our heads off about lord-knows-what.
We left at 4:40. We drove for a while and stopped at a truck stop for a few kids parents who live in the outskirty area could pick them up. Also, I got sick while we were there. Ick. In a public bathroom, no less. That alone made me want to hurl.
We got back to the annex at about 6. I locked myself in a bathroom, and when I emerged, I found people on the other side of the room, (non-intentionally) hearing my lovely concert of hacking up my lungs. On the upside, they hope I feel better.
I feel much better now, though. I think it was something bad I ate or too much sugar. I got the shakes along with all that too, so I'm not sure. All I know is, I'm not going anywhere today. At all.
Friday, April 13, 2007
Lizness, Sis. Theresa, Sis. Jewel, and Deana
1. How old will you be in 10 months?:
2. Do you think you'll be married by then?:
3. What do you look forward to most in the next 3 months?:
4. Who was the last person you called?:
5. Who was the last person to call you?:
6. Do you prefer to call or text?:
Texting. Doesn't take as long.
7. Do you have any pets?:
I love my puppy.
8. What were you doing at 12am last night?:
9. Are your parents married/divorced/separated?:
10. When is the last time you saw your sister?:
11. What happened at 10:00 am?:
i was talking to allyson and madison in gym
12. How many states have you lived in?:
13. Who was the last person you were(are) mad at?:
14. Do you prefer shoes, socks, or bare feet?:
15. Are you a social person?:
16. What was the last thing you ate?:
i'm eating burger king at the moment
17. What is your favorite ice-cream?:
mint chocolate chip or peppermint stick
18. What was your last alcoholic drink?:
20. What kind of jelly do you like on your PB&J sandwhiches?:
i hate jelly
21. How was your day today?:
22. What are you excited about?:
the lock-in tonight
23. What do you drink in the morning?
water and orange juice
24. Would you rather sleep with someone else or alone?:
25. Do you sleep on a certain side of the bed?:
26. Do you know how to play poker?:
27. Do you like to cuddle?:
28. Have you ever been to Canada?:
yes. it's pretty and has good chocolate, the mounties are pretty cute, but it's fairly overrated
29. Do you eat out or at home more often?:
30. Do you know anyone with the same birthday as you?:
my cousin. and sting. and kelly ripa. and Ghandi.
32. Do you speak any other language?:
34. Have you ever been in an ambulance?:
35. Did anyone brighten your day?:
36. Do you prefer a window seat or an aisle seat?:
37. Do you know how to drive a stick shift?:
38. What is your favorite thing to spend money on?:
39. Do you wear any jewelry 24/7?:
i need to get my grandma ryan's ring that she left me sized. then that will be it.
40. What is your favorite TV show?:
scrubs or grey's anatomy
41. Can you roll your tongue?:
42. Who is the funniest person you know?:
43. Do you sleep with stuffed animals?:
44. What is the main ring tone on your phone?:
Killer Queen by Queen
45. Do you still have clothes from when you were little?
46. What is the color of your bedroom walls?:
47. Do you shut off the water when you brush your teeth?:
48. Do you sleep with your closet doors opened or closed?:
i don't have doors on them
49. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of killing bees?:
bees. thank god for insectiside
50. Do you flirt a lot?:
i don't try to.
I was actually yelled at today for requesting to leave class to use the restroom. During Computer Apps, I went up to my teacher and asked if I could be excused. She then proceeded to explain how I could not just leave class whenever I wanted (huh? I've never left her classroom before.) and that I needed to learn control.
Let me set the record straight, I will not use a public bathroom until ab(o)solutely necessary. I will not. If someone had a gun to my head, I would not use one of these things, for fear that flesh eating bacteria would jump on me upon my entrance. A gunshot is quicker and less painful.
On top of this, these are SCHOOL bathrooms. There are a few places that are absolutely vile to use a bathroom in-
- Welfare/Unemployment Offices
- Shopping Malls
- Grocery Stores
- Fast Food Restaurants
Ick. Ick. Ick.
I have found only two places where the bathrooms are actually habitable-
- Fancy Restaurants (Or even moderately nice sit-down places, like Ruby Tuesday's)
- That bathroom in the connecting hallway between Sips and Paragraphs (two places I highly recommend if you visit Mt.V. Sips has the best Chocolate Frappe ever and Paragraphs lets you just sit in and read the books that they have. Plus, they're right next to a bakery called the Pink Cupcake, which is very yummy. But I digress)
So, anyway, that is my (mildly disgusting) rant of the day. I'm off to a Youth Rally/ Lock-In. I'll be back at about 7 AM. Good times.
Thursday, April 12, 2007
13 (Sometimes Not-So) Normal Questions I get about being an Apostolic Pentecostal
- Are you the only white person at your church? My friend, Madison, asked me this. She was under the impression that, by the way I described my church as the commonly known "holy-rolling, chandelier swinging Christians" that I went to a, her words not mine, "black Jesus church". She asked if my church services were like the people in the movie "Fighting Temptations". (Great movie by the way) The answer to this is no. We do have a lot of people of all races in the UPCI.
- Are you Amish/Jewish? I would hope that this would be self-explanitory, as I am blogging on a computer. No. I am neither. I have indoor plumbing, computer, electric lights, an iPod, and best of all, Double Bacon Cheesburgers. This gives the Jewish kid at my school fits, as his grandma goes to church with me and he is convinced that I am bound to the Mosaic law and he's going to eventually convert me to Judaism. I love me some pork chops.
- Does your church speak in tongues? Yes. We believe that the "proof", so to speak, of having the infilling of the Holy Spirit is the speaking in other tongues.
- Why don't you cut your hair/wear jewelry/wear skirts? I've been looking for the scripture but haven't found it yet. The reason I don't cut my hair or wear jewelry is because of Paul's address to the Corinthians (I think?). He set standards for them including banning the adornment with gold or costly array and he stated that hair was glory unto the Lord and if cut, well, you might as well shave it all off. As for the skirt thing, I'm not quite sure the scriptural basis, but I'm fairly sure that it has something to do with seperation from the world and girls looking like girls, boys looking like boys, etc.
- What is your position on living together/sex before marriage? Fornication is wrong. Period. I strongly believe that sex before marriage is wrong. II Corinthians 6:12-20 explains this in detail.
- What is your position on homosexuality? My stance on this is different than some. As a christian, I believe that it is a sin. However, I recently had a friend tell me that she was a homosexual. Am I going to shun her? Of course not. If I "disown" her, two things could happen- 1. She will probably have a bad taste in her mouth over Christianity because her Christian friend just blew her off. 2. Who else is going to show her the light of Christ if I don't?
- Who goes to heaven? Ask God this question. Personally, I believe that it won't JUST be Apostolic Pentecostals in Heaven. I believe that you should follow Acts 2:38-39, but I'm not going to condemn someone to Hell because they didn't accept it. That's for God to decide, not me.
- Why don't you have TV? My father is a minister with the UPCI. Our standards state that ministers should not have television in their home. It is not a biblical issue as far as I know. We do have a monitor, and I am a movie junkie.
- Why don't you date outside of other people that are Pentecostal? II Corinthians 6:14-18 The best way outside of this scripture that I can give you is one of my personal reasons that even if I did not believe it was scripturally wrong, I would not date/marry someone of a different faith. This is not me discriminating or anything like that. My reasoning, in part, is due to me wanting to have kids in the future. When I have kids, I don't want the headache of deciding which faith my child is going to be raised with. Plus, there are so many differences between the religions, that I feel that it would cause unnecessary tension between my future spouse and I.
- What is the UPCI? It is an organization of Apostolic Pentecostals. There are different ones. The main difference is the standards. Another organization that comes to mind is the ALJC. Same faith, different standards. One of my best friends is ALJC in fact.
- How do you baptize? By immersion in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins.
- What is your standings on the Pope? One of the crazier questions. When John Paul died, I had a friend ask me if I had gone into mourning for him. I'm not Catholic. Personally, I think that Benedict or whatever his name is looks like the emperor from Star Wars. But that's just me.
- How do you think that communion bread tastes? This is my favorite question. I love communion bread. Especially the matza stuff.
Tuesday, April 10, 2007
Anyway, also in English, I discovered something. I love Dove chocolate. It is the most flippin' delicious thing to grace the planet. As someone who has hated plain chocolate, I am reeeeally starting to get into it. I have discovered that if you suck on it rather than eat it, it tastes much better.
I'm going to a Leadership conference in Columbus next Thursday for FCCLA, because, as we all know, presidents need to be leaderly and all. Yay.
Speaking of yayness, my dear friend The Lizness has some exciting news on her blog. Total and complete yayness.
Also yayness, I finished the blankie I was making for, as my sister calls her, "Buckenda". For those of you who don't speak Gabri, this is Makenna. I gave the blanket to Sis. Andrea last night and she loved it. Much rockiness. (Liz, I'm starting to talk like you with the suffix "ness" after everything. Is that bad?)
So, I feel like doing a ranty post. I'm going to try to do one serious post per week, so if you have any ideas, throw them at me. But please be gentle and wait till I have my protective gear on. (Sorry corny joke alert)
Monday, April 09, 2007
Sunday, April 08, 2007
P.S. Since I looked this up and found it on the Cancer Society's website, I'm guessing it's not a hoax.
Saturday, April 07, 2007
So, allow me to introduce you to my blogroll. And some other blogs.
I won't even mention Dad. He's got enough publicity as it is.
Sis.Jewel- This is my adopted grandmother. I love her to pieces. Her blog is awesome and she is one of my few people who actually read AND comment my blog. It's definately worth while to read hers. She also has an interview in 5 Minutes for Mom, where she mentioned me. THANK YOU!
The Lizness- Bow before this blogger. She is the high and mighty blog goddess. She is to be feared.
Sis. Theresa- This is the mother of The Lizness. I'm sure that makes her royal somehow. But seriously, Sis. Theresa has been around during pretty much every stage of my life. I have yet to figure out if this is positive or negative. (You know I love you, Sis. Theresa. :D )
John- Single-handedly responsible for the chaos that is my disasterous nickname being spread to all for corners of the earth. He doesn't blog a lot. He's a "newbie". (Don't worry. He ree-hee-hee-hee-hee-heely gets that. Honest.)
Deana- Promise me something. You will go to Deana's blog and comment her. Not many read it and so she doesn't update. She is one of my best friends. She must blog. You all love me. Go visit her.
Cherie- Cherie came to the Minerva church while we were there. One of the sweetest ladies you will ever meet. Her blog consists of a lot of spiritual anecdotes and interesting stories.
Elena- I stumbled on this blog from 5 Minutes For Mom. She doesn't blog a lot, as she has a 4 year old and 1-year old twins, and is pregnant again. But I find her blog pretty interesting.
Rocks In My Dryer- This is a very light-hearted blog of a mom of 3. Her blog is hilarious.
It's been a long month, people. Unfortunately, I can't remember what I said that got me grounded, as it was a month ago, so for those of you who know me, that does not bode well for my blog.
So, I'm sure you're all wondering what I've been up to. (Not.)
Well, I'm likely to forget something, but if I do, it probably wasn't that important anyway. So, first things first. I had OGT's. Goody. Those things were horrible. On the bright side, I never have to do proficiency tests again. If I passed all 5, that is.
A little after that, I had spring break. I went to my Aunt Faith's house. This was great fun. I went shopping and played with my cousins. It was a blast. It was over way too fast. I did have an interesting experience while there. At McDonalds-
Ok, you all know me and my obsession with the Wicked Witch of the West. So McDonald's is giving out Wizard of Oz toys in Happy Meals, and since I'm just a weeeeee bit out of the age for a Happy Meal, I have to resort to other means of getting one of these toys. This weeks toy is the Wicked Witch of the West, and I'm at my aunt's house and after Andrew's soccer practice, we went to McD's for dinner. Well, I see the WWW and flip out.
"I gotta have one of those!"
Plan 1- Purchase toy
I go up to the cashier.
"Excuse me, sir. Am I able to buy the Happy Meal toys seperately."
"How much are they?"
" 96 cents."
*gasp* A happy meal tonight was $1. Well, I am desperate so I go get my purse and get ready to buy a Happy Meal toy. They are sold out of Wicked Witch of the West toys, but offer to sell me the Cowardly Lion for the same price. Um, no.
Plan 2- Steal from small child (Calm down, people, I never did this)
I told my aunt, "If you see some poor 2 year old screaming 'She stole my toy!' you'll know the depths I've sunk to."
Plan 3- Give up hope.
Solution- Find toy under table.
I called mom and told her that I had found a WWW toy. She says "Did you find one for Gabri, too?"
Bonus- Find toy in seat of small child who has left.
My best news?
So if any of you are in the neighborhood on April 30th, come to my school for the induction thing. We will have cookies.
I'm sorry that this post was so short. Honestly, my life wasn't very interesting over the past month. Today is the most exciting event all month. Gabrielle is four today. Leave her a shout-out in the comments.
Two things you are wearing right now:
1. D.A.R.E T-shirt
2. PJ Pants (At 11 AM!! I love spring break!)
Two things you would want (or have) in a relationship:
2. a sense of humor
Two of your favorite things to do:
1. shopping with my friends
2. anything involving computers
Two things you want very badly at the moment:
1. Double Chocolate Creme Based Frappucinno with peppermint added in
2. That Gucci bag I've been eyeing (I'm only $789 short!)
Two pets you had/have:
Two people who will fill this out:
2. Shell- she wouldn't normally but I have ways!
Two things you did last night:
1. shopped at Easton
2. played Super Mario with my cousin
Two things you ate today:
1. I haven't eaten today yet, but yesterday, I had spaghetti
2. Peanut butter sandwich
Two people you last talked to today:
2. Aunt Faith
Two things you're doing tomorrow:
1. I'm going home
2. going downtown if I go home
Two longest car rides:
2. DC with Canton. Ugggh, that went on forever
Two favorite holidays:
Two favorite beverages:
1. Dr. Pepper
2. Double Chocolate Creme Based Frappucinno with peppermint added in