Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Mi Nuevo Pelicula Favorita

Last night I was up until 12:17 AM bawling my eyes out over my new favorite movie. See if you can guess. Leonardo DiCaprio (*sigh*) Kate Winslet and a humongous boat star in this movie. Figured it out yet? If you haven't..well..I'm sorry . Titanic, people, is the greatest movie on the planet. It came out about 10 years ago and I hadn't seen it till last night. The VHS version is in two parts. The first is kinda slow and leads you into what my mother calls a sappy love story. (Hey, there are people who like sappy love stories!! Like me.:D ) But the second movie is a tear jerker. I am not a sentimental person, but I bawled through the entire second half. Well, ok, at the beginning it was a bit of a sniffle. Then they show the woman in steerage with her two little kids telling them a bedtime story when she knows that they're all gonna die and then I start to sob. But then comes the line "Jack, there's a boat. JACK COME BACK!!!!" and much sobbing on the part of Kate Winslet and I am now travailing. Those people at the wailing wall in Israel had nothing on me. lol. But what I would like to know is why didn't Jack get on the floating door with her instead of floating in the middle of the ocean. The logic seems simple. Cold air floating and LIVING or FREEZING ocean water (probably with sharks) and dying a death causing your one true love to travail along with a 15-year-old girl watching her beloved Leo freeze to death. (Did I mention I love Leonardo DiCaprio?) But anyway, Titanic has now surpassed Evita and knocked "Dude...gimme your tots" off of the list. (Ok, maybe tied for 5th) on my top 5 favorite movies. My list is now ,in order of flippin' sweetness (hey I have to give it a fond farewell)-
  1. Titanic (Did I mention I love this movie....and Leonardo DiCaprio?)
  2. Evita (I still love you Argentina)
  3. Cinderella
  4. Monty Python Holy Grail (It's not dead yet!!)
  5. Pirates of the Carribean (but where is the rum?)

No comments: