Thursday, July 20, 2006

Updates from SS camp

Wow, I can't believe it's been, well, 15 minutes, but before that more than a week since I posted. 28 campers got the Holy Ghost last week, which is awesome. I really don't remember any specifics on what happened last week honestly. I'm sorry I didn't post them.

This week however, has been wonderful. Bro. Buford has had great services. I'm working for my dad and Sis. Erica Nash. It's fun. I get to sing on the platform with the choir and during service. It's fun. I went to Wal-Mart on Tuesday morning. That doesn't sound like a big deal, but I had a blast. I went with Jaimi McDonald, Jacqueline Frake, and Alexandra Triona. It was so fun. We split up and Alex and I had the list for one of the dorm moms. On the list was 300 pieces of small candy and 80 blow pops among other assorted items. So off to the candy aisle we went. Woe was us, Wal-Mart sold small candy in increments of 92 and blow pops in increments of 20. 8 bags of candy later we are walking through the store. It was a sight to behold. Everyone probably thought that we were going to go pig out. lol. I'm staying with my Aunt Faith and cousin, Micah, in the hotel this week. I had to baby-sit Micah, who is 3, last night. Aunt Faith told him to lay down while she was gone and after about 5 or 10 minutes, Micah got bored with that idea, so he was playing and bouncing on the bed. So here's what happened-

Me: Micah, I have an idea! Let's play a game!
Micah: Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Me: Ok, here's the game. We lay down and be very quiet. So then, when Mommy comes in the room, we'll scare her by saying "Boo" really loud.
Micah: OK!

So after about 5 minutes Micah got bored with my "game" and regressed back to playing and bouncing, so I said-
Me- Micah, I know how we can scare Mommy more!
Micah- What?!!
Me- Ok, we pretend like we're asleep and turn the lights off so then she'll be really suprised when we scare her.

Micah lays down with his blankie and closes his eyes really tight with a goofy grin. About 5 minutes later I turn on the light to look for my pajamas and Micah is out. I was very proud of myself at that moment.

No comments: