Monday, May 14, 2007

Well, eventually everything will improve

This weekend has been miserable. Today hasn’t helped a whole lot.

For those of you who don’t yet, my Great-Grandma Ryan was diagnosed with a brain tumor this weekend, or at least that’s when I found out about it. The doctors are giving her steroids and I think a little bit of radiation, but they give her six months. I’m more in shock than anything else. I mean, last Sunday, no, on Tuesday actually, she was just fine, and now she’s going to die? That just doesn’t make sense to me.

I found out about this whole thing on Saturday and just kind of sat there after my dad told me. I didn’t really have an emotion to express. I got to Sunday School yesterday though and I broke down. I talked to Mistie about it and she assured me that everything would be okay (and licked me. Don’t ask.) but I’m not sure.

The biggest pain in this whole scenario is the memories this brings back. This is almost exactly like when my Grandma Ryan died 6 years ago. They found the cancer the same way, are doing the same treatment, and it’s even on the same side of my family. This is not fun.

Please remember my family in your prayers.

No comments: