Wednesday, January 17, 2007

It's a nerd world after all...

I hereby declare today-

REBECCA RYAN IS A HUMONGOUS NERD AND HAS DECIDED THAT IT IS A VERY PROFITABLE THING SOMETIMES AND HAS CHOSEN TO EMBRACE IT DAY


Why, you may ask?

I walked into school today, realizing that I had forgotten to run out to the library and grab a biography for English this weekend. I convinced my friend Nikki to go to the library with me very quickly before school started, assuring her that I was going to grab a book at random quickly, check it out, and be gone. We made our way to the biography section.
"Hey, look at this. Nazi Germany. Ok, we're done."
"Nikki, did you forget that we're looking for someone who made a better place?"
"Oops. Sorry. Billy Graham?"
"That's good. Let's go."
We went to the checkout desk and the bell rang, so I was left alone, because her class was far from the library. I had brought a dollar to pay for some of my fine and gave Mr.Tuel, the librarian, the dollar, the books I was returning, and the Billy Graham book.
"Rebecca, you know you have $1.05 in fines, correct?"
"Yes, Mr.Tuel. I just grabbed money quickly and forgot to grab a nickel."
"Well, because you are such a sweet young lady and because you are such a good customer, we'll just say that the fine was a dollar so you owe nothing now, ok?"

Was I really supposed to disagree with that?

Here we see the monetary benefits of nerdom.

Also the academic benefits-

Got my exam grades today.

English- B- (most of the class got a C or lower, so I am proud of that)
Parenting- A
Bio-B
Spanish- A
World Studies- Unknown
Geometry- has a fun little story with it.

In Geometry, Mr. Jarosz told us that we could see our exam grades. He called my name and said, "You are the only one."
In fear, I asked, "The only what?"
"You are the only 'A' in my classes."
But wait, it gets better....

He shows and example on the board of this question where we had to plot points, identify shapes and midpoints, and all of this stuff, that everyone got wrong. Almost. He tells the whole class, "In all of my classes, Rebecca is the only one who got this question right."

YUSSSSS!!!

I have chosen to embrace my nerdiness.

1 comment:

the lizness said...

Use the force, Rebecca. Use it wisely.