Sunday, January 14, 2007

Life is against me...

So, my Uncle Peter is at our house tonight, so we went to Ruby Tuesday's for dinner. I love Ruby Tuesday's, but tonight was even better. About a year ago, at Ryan's when we had to go there for Thanksgiving because of the snowstorm that hit, there was an extremely cute waiter. He kind of looked like Clay Aiken, before the long, stringy, dyed-brown hair, and not-so-straightness. G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S! His name was Caleb, as I recall (no idea why I remember that). So, tonight we're at Ruby Tuesday's and my mom pokes me and asks "Did you see the waiter who looks kind of like Clay Aiken?" So I turned and there he was. I think. Unfortunately, Ruby Tuesdayers don't wear nametags. But was fairly sure. I had been considering it already, but suddenly I felt an extreme urge to become a waitress at Ruby Tuesday's. So I walked up to the servers podium and asked if they were hiring. They replied that they were always accepting applications. So, I got an application and read through it and all of the sudden that big cartoon red "DENIED" stamp appeared on my life. In small print-

You Must Be 21 or Older to apply for a position as server, as the serving of alcohol is required.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

So, to ease my suffering, and to make you suffer (except for Cherie), here is a Clay video. My favorite in fact. Don't enjoy if you don't want to. I am not in a whiny sort of mood.




Or maybe this is my favorite. Not sure.

1 comment:

Don Ryan said...

Because I am the pastor of people who read this blog I will keep my comment to myself. Let your mind wonder.